Here's what I've developed so far. I think it's fair to say that I'll be moving additional goals (probably more short-term ones) onto my list as they get crossed off.
- Use sketchbook regularly to record thoughts, inspiration and painting ideas
This seems rather straightforward for an artist, but I know I need to be more disciplined about taking it with me everywhere.
- Paint at least 3 times per week
This goal is a biggie and something I've been procrastinating about for far too long. I know once I get into the groove I'll exceed my 3 times per week. My suspicion is that I'm afraid of making this commitment, but I know it's essential to get where I want to be.
- Collect/Purchase items for still life paintings
I have some things already planned. I just want to have more items on hand. I've taken a lot of stuff into school so I'll need to bring some of it home.
- Gather personal photos for paintings
I have a few photos I want to use as resources for pieces I have been wanting to do for a while now. I'm going to start a filing system.
- Find and attend local arts group
I need to research this some more for my locale.
- Find and sign up for class over summer (funding permitting)
Funding is a big concern here. My hope is that I can get my school to foot the bill. Though, with the cuts made in State funding, purses are tight.
- Paint 50 small canvases by January 1, 2011 (39 weeks as of 04.04.10)
I think this is a manageable goal. Time will tell.
- Post paintings for sale (ebay and etsy)
I believe I have these accounts set up. Does anybody have recommendations for which is better, easier, more reliable, etc.?
- Sell at least 50% of my inventory by January 1, 2011
I can't comment on this one since I need to develop more of an inventory.
- Find alternate venues for selling my inventory (art fairs, craft shows, community arts shows)
This goal requires research on what's available.
Thoughts on my lists?